Quitting Smokeless Tobacco
To chew tobacco, you’ve got to be full of spit!
Tips on how to quit smokeless tobacco
- Think of reasons why you want to quit.
- Take the next step.
- Pick a date.
- Ask others for encouragement.
- Ask your doctor about quitting programs.
- Find alternatives.
- Find activities to take your mind off of chew.
More tips on how to quit smokeless tobacco (Ohio Dental Association)
Other things to use instead of smokeless tobacco
- Mint Snuff, All Mint Chew or Pouches
- Titration – if it helps, try mixing Mint snuff with your tobacco
- Alternate dips – gradually use more and more mint snuff everyday
- Nicotine patches
- Nicotine gum (Nicorette)
- Prescription of wellbutrin (Zyban)
You are not alone, visit quitsmokeless.org and see lots of true stores.
Don’t be Trippin’ — Stop Your Dippin’.